Recently, there has been much criticism about the Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade agreement. Discuss three issues that may seem questionable in relation to the agreement. Given that eight other nations have already signed their participation, would you recommend to the U.S. Senate that it should be ratified?
Deliverable Length: 1 page
Using the top 100 U.S.-based brand you selected in Unit 1, analyze its current ads or commercials in terms of brand equity based on concepts touched upon on the Web. You will need to include at least 3 ads or commercials in the analysis. One ad should be older* (if possible). *Older can mean last year or even a vintage ad will work.
1. Describe the three ads or commercials and include the link if applicable. Note: A popular online video-streaming Web site has numerous vintage and new commercials to view.
2. What is the overall message of the brand? Explain in depth.
APA, References, Cited
Discuss the risks that an international fast food restaurant, such as Subway, would have by operating abroad rather than just domestically. Include at least two factors or policies, and explain the impact of each.
Your response should be at least 400 words in length.
1) You recently completed an accident investigation involving a worker injured by an unguarded blade on a table saw. The investigation revealed that the guard had been removed some months before by persons unknown. Propose one corrective action for each of the first six levels in the hazard control precedence that would help prevent the accident from happening again. Which one(s) would you recommend, and why?
Your response must be at least 200 words in length.
2) While responding to an accident where a forklift tipped over going around a corner, the supervisor tells you that the cause was simply operator error since the driver was going too fast. The supervisor does not see the need to investigate any further. If you were the manager of this site, what would you say to the supervisor?
Your response must be at least 200 words in length.
3) Recall your submissions for the projects in Units IV, V, and VI. Using the causal factors for the 2007 propane explosion at the Little General Store in Ghent, WV. that you have previously identified, determine the level of accountability for each causal factor (worker/equipment, supervisor, management, corporate). Propose at least one corrective action for each causal factor.
Your response must be at least 500 words in length. Previous assignments uploaded and attached
What are the pros and cons to living in a society where the rule of man dominates the legal system? Would the rule of man be a better system than the rule of law in your opinion?
For this assignment, you will use Hofstede’s characteristics to differentiate international and domestic business operations. This exercise will help identify the key characteristics that drive business decisions on an international and domestic level.
Part 1: Pick three individual countries, one in the Middle East, one in Asia, and one in Europe. Apply Hofstede’s characteristics to each one, and state if the characteristic is low, medium, or high in each country. Also, explain why each country deserves that description.
Part 2: Given your descriptions, explain which country is most like the United States and which country is most unlike the U.S.
Your response must be a minimum of three pages in length.
For this assignment, write an essay that addresses each of the following points:
1. Choose five U.S. government policies that affect trade with foreign nations. Identify three factors of production, and describe how their mobility is good or bad for U.S. trade
2. Distinguish between absolute advantage and comparative advantage trade theories and give examples
3. Choose either the TPP or the T-TIP free trade agreement and describe which other countries have signed on and why the U.S. Senate should ratify or not ratify the agreement. Also, explain how regional trading groups influence
Your essay submission should be a minimum of three pages in length in APA style; however, a title page, a running head, and an abstract are not required. You are required to use at least two scholarly sources for this essay. Your responses to the three prompts must be in paragraph form. Be sure to cite and reference all quoted or paraphrased material appropriately in APA style.
To read the case study below, you must first log into the myCSU Student Portal and access the Business Source Complete database found in the CSU Online Library.
Bodolica, V., & Waxi, M. (2007). Chicago food and beverage company: The challenges of managing international assignments. Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 13(3), 31-42.
Please answer the following questions after reading the case study:
1. Which staffing framework do you recognize in this case study? Explain its characteristics and the advantages to using this type of framework?
2. Would this type of staffing framework affect Paul’s ability to get things done? Why, or why not?
3. Explain if any of the other staffing frameworks would be any better? What can you recommend to the company’s
headquarters in this sense?
4. Why does Paul want this job? Is Paul a good candidate for this expatriate position?
5. What comments can you make on expatriate management in general? And what comments can you make on the
expatriate recruitment policy in particular?
6. What are the different expatriate compensation methods you recognized in the text? What are the advantages and disadvantages of these different expatriate compensation methods?
7. What do you suggest to the U.S. headquarters’ human resources manager in order to improve the expatriate satisfaction/compensation?
Your submission should be a minimum of three pages in length in APA style; however, a title page, a running head, and an abstract are not required. Be sure to cite and reference all quoted or paraphrased material appropriately in APA style.
Your task is to offer a detailed critique of a peer-reviewed article, which you can locate in the CSU Online Library. The article must be related to international marketing.
In your critique, address the following questions:
What are the main points and arguments of the author(s)?
What is your opinion of the article?
How can the points and arguments of the author(s) be applied to the lesson in this unit? (Some examples include
the marketing mix, marketing orientation, and organizational structure.)
The critique should be a minimum of two pages in length in APA style; however, a title page, a running head, and an abstract are not required. Be sure to cite and reference all quoted or paraphrased material appropriately in APA style.
Write a paper of 500-750 words (not including the title page and reference page) paper for your proposed evidence-based practice project solution. Address the following criteria:
Describe the proposed solution (or intervention) for the problem and the way(s) in which it is consistent with current evidence. Heavily reference and provide substantial evidence for your solution or intervention.
Consider if the intervention may be unrealistic in your setting, too costly, or there is a lack of appropriate training available to deliver the intervention. If it is, you may need to go back and make changes to your PICOT before continuing.
Explain the way(s) in which the proposed solution is consistent with the organization or community culture and resources.
Explain the expected outcomes of the project. The outcomes should flow from the PICOT.
Method to Achieve Outcomes
Develop an outline of how the outcomes will be achieved. List any specific barriers that will need to be assessed and eliminated. Make sure to mention any assumptions or limitations which may need to be addressed.
Describe the impact the outcomes will have on one or all of the following indicators: quality care improvement, patient-centered quality care, efficiency of processes, environmental changes, and/or professional expertise.