• What possible theme or themes that will make journalists interested in using the release. Convenience? Corporate profit? Good citizenship?
• Think of a headline that not only attracts a busy journalist’s attention but also summarizes the story. The first paragraph, which should be short, should also summarize the story.
• Write it so that it reads like a newspaper article; your release should be objective and concise. However, sure you also deliver you entire messages clearly.
• Do not make it sound like a commercial. Hype and promotion turn journalists off.
• Think about ‘inventing’ a colorful quote to put in the release.
• Double or 1.5 space the text.
• Always have a contact name and number in case the media want to follow up.
• Keep key (but not all) sentences short and tight: 18-20 words a sentence.
• Do not use long paragraphs: 3-5 a page is about right.
• You do not need to use all the information I provided. It’s your task to select the material that exploits the information you have in a way that helps sell your story.
Issue: You are the PR manager for Stork Craft cribs, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada:
A large scale crib recall is taking place in the USA and Canada. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10046.html
This recall has attracted traditional media and online attention, particularly because children are involved. You have started to get inquiries from the media and parents about your other products.
You realize that the fall-out could grow into a wider PR problem affecting your safe products, and distributors, your product line and your future and you need to ensure a response to this developing situation gets out early and clearly with a release to go out on PR Newswire (http://www.prnewswire.com/)and the company website that demonstrates your other products are safe.
Write that release for Stork Craft cribs
Decide on the size of your problem before deciding on the tone and content.
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU