Everett Rogers work includes three underlying concepts about the adoption of innovation.
My lecture this week describes two of these:
1. The steps of the adoption process that all people go through and those different types of communication have different roles throughout the process. For example:
o Mass communication (transmission) can create knowledge
o Opinion leaders are critical in persuading one to try an innovation.
2. That individuals fall into adoption categories for particular innovations (e.g. early adopter, late adopter).
His third key concept is addressed in the article posted to your reading folder. It summarizes how five factors of the innovation itself also influence its rate of adoption.
Describe an innovation that you have adopted in recent years.
Looking at Roger’s adoption process:
• What communication provided your initial knowledge of it?
• What communication persuaded you to try it?
Looking at the people categories offered by Rogers:
• Which of Rogers’ adoption categories described you for this particular innovation? Justify your response.
NOTE: your “category of adoption” role is relative to your reference group, so explain your category in relation to your peers, such as co-workers if it is work-related, or whatever peer group is relevant to your example.
Looking at Rogers’ five factors of the innovation that affect its speed of adoption (described in the article), identify and describe one factor that was relevant to your situation.
Use (copy/paste) the following format for your initial posting:
1. The innovation I adopted:
2. Process step 1 – How I learned of it:
3. Process step 2 – What convinced me to try it:
4. My adoption category for this situation:
5. One relevant factor of the innovation:
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU