You are working in a mental health organisation as a student social
worker on first field education in a consumer driven service.
You are trying to determine your role within the organisation. Your
organisational supervisor is not a social worker but has background in
counselling, but you do have an external supervisor.
What question would you pose to her? What are some ideas around planning
and managing this position?
You have been working now for 6 weeks with a group of younger people who
have mental illness. You have established rapport, and you are aware
that some of the other workers have lived experience but do not have any
formal qualifications. They have invited you to become part of their
Facebook page. How would you respond to this dilemma? What are the
ethical boundaries and implication of the options?
You are in your final week in your first field education as a student
social worker. When you are attending a morning tea with the team and
some of the workers, a consumer that you have not met before approaches
you and informs you that he/she is not taking their medication and they
are feeling really depressed. What is your role here and what is your
If you were to reflect on a recent group experience, identify the
knowledge base (theories and knowledge) and skills (interpersonal
communication, crisis intervention, assessment, group work,
facilitation, professional communication etc.) relevant to the above
Information as below on group experience-
1. Xxxx was the recorder as she is a visual learner and it worked out
well as we all had a visual tool for the presentation.
2. Xxxx was ever pragmatic and practical person who expedited group
movement by giving information to the group.
3. xxxx was the coordinator and clarified the relationships among
various ideas and suggestions, tried to pull ideas and suggestions
together or tried to coordinate the activities of various members.
4. There wasn’t any conflict within the group as we all harmonised well.
5. Xxxx was a summariser who defined the position of the group with
respect to its goals by summarising what has occurred, pointed when
departures from agreed upon directions or goals were taken, as well as
asking for impute to who will present each section.
Focusing on reflective practice, you are to describe and evaluate your
responses and recommendations to the case scenario. This will include
identification of the process of arriving at those decisions and
reflection on that process and individual learning.
You are to address all the above questions plus-
1. Demonstrate a critical analysis of presenting issues and
identification of student social work roles and responsibilities.
2. 2. If you were to experience this situation, what would be your
reflection? Show this by using analysing and action planning skills with
relevant examples of reflective practice and link them to future
learning goals within the Dept. of Communities which are child centred,
culturally responsive, collaborative practice that recognises the Dept.
of Communities as being supported by internal and external services and
outcome focused. The learning agreement aids professional organisational
and theoretical knowledge, practice skills that have been translated
through the Child safety Practice Manual and values and ethics from the
future learning goals.
3. What are the background issues integrating at least 2 theories that
explain the situation and identify the relationship between to the scenario?
4. What would be a suitable intervention and what would be the rationale?
5. Identify the relevant practice standards and ethical requirements of
a student social worker on first placement. URL IS
6. Identify relevant group participation roles with insight demonstrated
around strengths and weaknesses and links to learning future learning goals.
7. Your paper should provide a summary reflection and analysis of your
participation and role in the group process, referring to your perceived
strengths and areas for further development.
8. Your paper should identify recommendations for your future practice
including specification of you will include in your learning agreement
as a result of the reflecting experience.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂