Leadership Challenge: Using Sources of Power Ethically
The CEO of a large company has retained you as a management consultant to look into an area of concern that she has. With many of the recent corporate scandals, she is wondering how she can avoid these sorts of problems within her company. She has asked you to research and prepare a report that summarizes the various kinds of power she has at her disposal and how this power could be effectively utilized to avoid these sorts of problems within her own company.
Prepare a report in which you:
1.There are a myriad of leadership models, most of which discuss sources of power. Using the model presented in your text and accessing other sources as supporting material, list and explain the sources of power that the CEO of a large company typically has at her disposal. This is the text book to use for the model is The Art and Science of Leadership sixth edition Afsaneh Nahavandi.
2. Describe how these powers can be used to avoid the various operational, administrative, and ethical problems experienced by companies. Please respond to this question by identifying three specific business problems that can be addressed through the use of “influence tactics.” For each specific problem, describe the influence tactic that should be used, the source of power behind that influence tactic, and why you believe that this influence tactic will effectively address that problem.
Be sure to cite your sources using APA Style 6th edition guidelines.
Your report MUST include a reference list. All research should be cited in the body of the paper. Your report should contain an abstract, a short introduction, and conclusion in addition to the body of the paper. Please note that if you have a source in your reference section, you need to cite it in the body of the paper per APA guidelines and vice-versa.
Please submit your assignment as a Word document in APA Style 6th edition format.
Objective: The Objective of the assignment will involve the following:
1. Explain the role of individual differences and traits in leadership.
2. Apply ethical reasoning skills and ethical theories to business situations.
3. Recognize situations that present potential legal and ethical issues and develop solutions for those issues.
4. Apply critical thinking skills to analyze business situations.