STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ASSESMENT 1 PORTER FIVE FORCES:
REPORT BASED ON EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL ANALYSIS:
• EXTERNAL AND ENTERNAL
• NO EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
• NO RECOMMENDATION
• M&S WHAT COMPANY IS? AND THEY DO
• COMPANY WHO AND WHAT
• COMPETETION WHO (COMPETITORS )
• MARKET SIZE
• MARKET SHARE
• STRATEGIC POSITIONING
• INDUSTRY/ SECTOR
• CURRENT SHARE
• FUTURE TRENDS
• HOW THE FORCES WILL CHANGE AND EFFECT M&S
• FIVE PORTER WILL APPLY IN EXTERNAL
IN THE EXTERNAL ANALYSIS TRADE JOURNAL AND TRADE MAGAZINE WILL HELP.
• RESOURCES AND Threshold CAPABILITIES
• TANGIBILE AND INTANGIBILE RESOURCES
• STRATEGIC ANALYSIS
• ( VRIN FRAME WORK ) VALUABLE RARE IMITABLE NON SUBSTITUTE.
• COMPARED TO COMPETETION
• NO CONCLUSION REQUIRED FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
• PROPER HAVARD REFRENCING
• Assignment One
Strategy assignment One
Individual Report Hand in date Tuesday 10th December
Strategic analysis of a company and its competitive environment
This is and Individual report and should be 2000 words. – Only this submission will be graded
The task is to produce a report that assesses the analysis the external and internal environment of an organization (selected from the list given).
You should consider the current strategic issues facing the industry and the firm and report on the key trends that will affect the industry in the foreseeable future .
• Choose one of the following. You must use the same company for both assignments one and two:
Marks and Spencer:
British clothing and food retail company. It is a public company that has a strong international presence. It has many significant competitors in both the clothing and food area.