Strategic Management and Leadership ‘Longitudinal Strategic Development Study’
You work as an In-House Strategic Planner for a leading UK organisation that is
currently listed on the London Stock Exchange. The board of directors have asked
you to carry out a strategic review of the organisation and to provide a report that
assesses its overall strategic direction.
Longitudinal Strategic Development Study
Selecting ANY ONE Company currently listed on the UK FTSE 100 or FTSE
250 Stock market and undertake the following tasks (see further
1. RECENT PAST (5-20 years): Recent strategic development
Research and describe the strategic development history of the
company you choose located within the context of the industry to
which it belongs over the past 5 to 20 years.
Choose the specific duration of time for the study most appropriate for
understanding the key strategic developments that have influenced the
long-term direction of the company to the present day. Identify any
changes in strategy that the company has made during the period in
question and analyse how and why these changes were made (1500
2. CURRENT: Current Strategic Situation:
Building on your analysis undertaken in section 1 provide an
evaluation of the company’s current strategic situation at the time
of writing which relates to the previous section.
Pay particular attention to:-
The company’s strategic macro, industry and competitive environment and
changes and trends in that environment using the appropriate tools (E.g.
STEEPLE, 5 Forces, etc.).
The company’s endowment of internal resources, capabilities and
organisational structure emanating from decisions made in the recent past
locating this evaluation within the context of Resource Based View theory
Give a synopsis of the company’s strategic situation in a way which is
meaningful for the strategic choices it is able to make for the future which
are the subject of section 3 below (1500 words).
3. FUTURE: Strategic Direction for the future:
Based on your research and analysis undertaken for sections 1 and
2 above, explore a limited range of distinctively different choices
of your own creation available to the company for the future.
Evaluate and assess the choices available leading to recommendations for the company’s strategic route forward.
Make clear the assumptions you have made as a basis for this future direction.
Present your recommendations in a way that take account of potential uncertainties and changes that might occur that might in turn affect those recommendations (1500 words).
You may choose any company of your own choice that is listed on the UK FTSE 100 or FTSE 250 at the time of writing.
Make sure that you are able to research this company in sufficient depth and choose a company which is amenable to strategic analysis of the nature delivered over the duration of the course.
DO NOT choose a company which is a pure investment vehicle, such as 3i, or other private equity group whose interests may span a range of minority or majority holdings in a number of related or unrelated businesses mainly for the equity fund performance purposes, or a company which is more in the nature of a vehicle for trading in or capturing returns from financial instruments or securities such as hedge investment or unit trust funds.
Submissions will be expected to demonstrate the following qualities:
1. Answering the central focus of the assignment topics.
2. A critical appreciation and application of relevant literature and theories to support argument and substantiate model(s) and other aspects of the assignment.
3. Taking ownership of the content, being prepared to debate and argue a personal position, evidences evaluative skills. A submission made up of extracts from published sources which is descriptive and just theoretical, is not acceptable. Your submission must have interpretation and consideration of the challenges and issues of taking theory into practice (using cases and/or personal experience).
4. Ability to analyse relevant theoretical concepts in a critical manner, evaluation of material.
5. Logical flow of ideas and treatment; imaginative approaches; appropriate selection of real world factors related to the model(s) or specific assignment topic.
6. Evidence of additional personal research, and the ability to analyse material from a variety of appropriate relevant perspectives. A clear and listing of references using the Harvard referencing method.
7. Presentation, structure, appropriateness of methodology, breaking into section headings/subheadings, tidiness.
8. A strong, robust and supportable conclusion.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂