– Research paper on any topic under Anthropology, preferably Primatology or Evolutionary Theory.
– 3 sources that are PEER REVIEWED
– 5-8 pages. Going over or not hitting 5 pages = 15%-90% deductiong of grade.
– Format is American Anthropological Association which I have attached and provided a link for below
– 5-8 page (1200 to 2000 words) research paper on a topic of your choosing, as long as it pertains to biological/physical
– Font will be 12pt in Times New Roman (or something very similar), one-inch margins and double-spaced.
– a header at the top each page with your name and class, in a similar fashion to the header at the top of this page.
– Please include page numbers on a corner of each page of your paper. Do not include a title page, rather a bolded title at
the top of the first page (similar to this document). Do not over-space the top of the document.
– The format of your paper will be in accordance with the American Anthropology Association (AAA) style guide.
– Appropriate topics include, but are not limited to, evolutionary theory, primatology, paleopathology, human skeletal
biology, genetic studies, forensics, etc.
– Responsible for finding at least 3 journal articles that are related to your topic of interest and using their content to
support your paper.
– As this is an academic paper sources must be academic peer-reviewed journals, which means no blogs, no wikipedia, no
newspapers (yes this includes National Geographic and Smithsonian).
– Anything that is not common knowledge requires a citation.
– You will be using intext citations in accordance to the AAA style guide.
– This assignment’s purpose is to be able to research a topic further than just googling; to be able to academically
reserach. The sources you use need to be academic. What I mean by academic is that they should be peer-reviewed academic journals
(see below). Further, your formating should be exactly what I am asking for.
– First and foremost, you will be heavily graded on whether or not your sources are academic in nature. For each non-academic
source I will deduct up to 30% off your grade. Since you need three sources, you stand to fail this assignment rather quickly if
you don’t have the correct sources.
– What are acceptable sources? All fields in science have peer reviewed publications, usually in the form of journals. This
is how research and conclusions are presented. Peer reviewed means they have gone through a rigorous process and any conclusions
presented have to include what methods were used as well as background and analysis. The supplemental reading I have provided in
class has all been from such sources.
– Here are a few examples in the Anthropology world
– American Journal of Physical Anthropology
– American Journal of Primatology
– And this will give you possible links to all anthropology journals.
Within text: Preferred resources are those that are disproportionately selected relative to their abundance in the habitat
(Marshall &Wrangham, 2007). If you have more than two authors list the first author followed by et al. (Marshal et al. 2007). In
Bibliography: Marshall, A.J. & R.W. Wrangham. 2007 Evolutionary consequences of fallback foods. International Journal of