1. Outline some of the prime directives in Islam along with a description of some of the major branches.
2. Write an essay about Sufism
1. Pick any two Christian medieval monastic groups (Benedictines, Cistercians, Carthusians, Augustinians, Premontrastentians, Franciscan friars or Dominican friars, etc.) and write an essay comparing and contrasting their origins, development, and practices. You may also pick lay religious or heretical groups like the Beghards, Beguines, Waldensians, Cathari, Dolcinites, Hussites, Lollards, Humilati, etc.
2. Outline the growth and development of Christianity in any one area outside Western Europe or North America (Japan, China, Africa, Russia, Mexico, South America, Caribbean, etc.).
3. Choose two early reform Christian groups (i.e. Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist, Anabaptist, Puritan, Methodist, etc.) from 1500 to 1800 and compare or contrast various aspects of their worship life, belief, philosophy and disagreement with the medieval Christian tradition.
1. Trace the history and philosophy of the Sikh faith.
2. What are your thoughts on Baha’i? How did the movement begin and continue to sustain itself into the modern period.