Part of a report is to write a competitive analysis of charles schwab’s trading platform. Analysis should be made for these companies: Charles Schwab, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, Etrade and Interactive brokers. Use this link to compare the platforms. http://online.barrons.com/articles/SB51367578116875004693704580500193983582362
Mention your findings:
1. Why does Charles schwab does not offer automated trading strategy and Place orders in multiple accounts simultaneously? where as the above mentioned competitors do.
2. As a comparison to thier competition why do they offer only 4 Complex Max # legs?
3. They offer Single Stock Futures, Futures Options, Futures / Commodities via Optionals express, explain why they should integrate the two platforms as the two companies have merged already.
4. Why do they offer forex trading on Optionalxpress and not on charles schwab platform and why do they offer less currencies/pairs in comparison to their competitors.
At the end write this as a recommendation:
1. Provide all range of securities on Streetsmart edge because it is not convenient for active traders to trade securities on two different platforms.
2. Merge options express platform with Streetsmart edge in terms of technology one step at a time. Optionshouse integrated their platform after merging with trademonster.com and according to Barron report their overall ranking went up 5 places making them second best online brokerage firm.
3.Keeping in mind the function fatigue two platforms can be offered, one basic and one advanced with advanced functionalities.
Write 90% of the paper on the findings and only 10% on the recommendation. Use arguments and facts on each point.