In this assignment, you reflect on how you work together with others – in a team, in a class, in a group project, etc. You should think about this class, your other classes, your work environment(s) and professional experiences & interactions. After reflecting on your personal, educational, and professional experiences, as well as carefully considering what has been discussed in this course, keep the following in mind:
• • Do you feel more ready to solve problems in the team in the future? Why, or why not? YES , GIVE A REALISTIC AND POSITVE EXPLANATION BASED ON MY SELF REFLECTION, WHICH I HAVE PASTED IN THE ORDER DESCRIPTION FOR REFERNCE.
• • What was your position in the team? What were you responsible for? IMPLEMENTER, FINISHER, AND GATEKEEPER, ELABORATE
• • What was your relationship to other members of your team? WE ALL PARTICPATED EQUALLY, ELABORATE
• • Did everyone share the workload evenly? YES, ELABORATE USING HOFSTEDE THEORY AND OTHER CONCEPTS FROM INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION TEXTBOOK BY VARNER AND BEAMER
• • Were there many misunderstandings? Were these overcome? If so, how? What worked and what didn’t work? NO, ELABORATE
• • Was there a clear team leader? Were responsibilities & expectations laid-out at the start? And so on… THERE WAS NO TEAM LEADER IN OUR GROUP, ELABORATE
Be sure to use concepts from class in reflecting on the way(s) in which you and your group worked together. That is, I want you integrate theories, models, ideas, etc. that were discussed in class and in the V&B text regarding Communications concepts; i.e., establishing relationships, conflict management, negotiation, intercultural communication, etc. Be sure to connect these to your own experience(s) in this class (and beyond, if appropriate). Your paper should consider the following:
• • An in-depth understanding of intercultural communication and its significance in conflict resolution education.
• • Identify strategies for resolving conflict across cultural and ethnic differences, identify personal approaches to resolving cross cultural difference, and assess the strengths and weaknesses of each intercultural conflict style.
• • Intercultural Competence: The ability to shift cultural perspective and adapt behavior to cultural commonality and difference. (Ability to successfully accomplish cross-cultural goals.)
• • Core Aspects of Intercultural Development:
oEliminate interpretations and behavior based on stereotypes.
oIncrease interpretations and behavior based on cultural generalizations/frameworks.
• • High / Low Context: Be sure to review this topic in our V&B text, as well as Blackboard. Also, check-out the information (and self-survey) via this link: http://www2.pacific.edu/sis/culture/pub/Context_Cultures_High_and_Lo.htm
• • Etc.
In addition, please also reflect on what you can take away from the group process that you can apply to future group work that you are engaged in. This can either be things that went very well and how you could re-create those positive experiences in the future, or things that went not so well and how you would avoid them in the future. Again, I am looking for you to synthesize key takeaways from our class discussions and our main text into your own experience working with others from similar / dissimilar cultural backgrounds.