1. Discuss the role of the chorus in Agamemnon. How does the Chorus help to shape the audience’s perspective towards the main characters in the play? Alternatively, you may also compare the choruses in Agamemnon and The Libation Bearers.
2. How does Orestes bring about a resolution in the Oresteia? How is his character a departure from both Agamemnon and Clytemnestra?
3. Discuss how Clytemnestra is depicted in Agamemnon. To what degree is she sympathetic or unsympathetic? Please use very specific examples.
4. Discuss the role of Cassandra in Agamemnon. What is her dramatic function in the play? And how does her presence serve to highlight Agamemnon’s character?
5. Discuss the use of masks, music, and costumes in the film of Agamemnon? Be very specific in the examples you use to illustrate your points.