1) identify the salient arguments (reasons and claims) pro and con
2) thoughtfully analyze and evaluate major alternative points of view
3) draws warranted, judicious, non-fallacious supported conclusions.
4) justifies key results and procedures, explains assumptions and reasons
5) fair-mindedly follows where evidence and reasons lead
Wikipedia may be used as one and only one of the sources.
“Everyone can succeed in this society, if they work hard enough.”
Consider this statement from the Neoclassical perspective or the perspective of human capital theorist. Then consider the statement from the perspective
of the political economist.
(A complete essay will address the following questions. Is the above statement , a statement that only has meaning within a Capitalist context? Does
“whiteness” or “blackness” play a role in either perspective? What is that role? Is the statement itself discriminatory?)