Q1: Session Thirteen: individually Assessed Seminar Question
When analysing scenarios and using them as a strategic planning tool, why, is it beneficial for planners to rank scenarios and identify commonness in possible futures and potential pathways
Q2: Session Fourteen: individually Assessed Seminar Question
What are the issues for managers when preventing strategic drift?
Q3: Session Fifteen: individually Assessed Seminar Question
Research on Quality:
• Research the literature to find a paper or an article that describes how an organisation uses one (or more) of the quality concepts, tools or techniques.
• Write a summary of the article and critically comment on it.
Q4: Session Sixteen: individually Assessed Seminar Question
• Supplement this week’s module materials by conducting a review of literature concerning the work of the quality gurus we have discussed.
• Then select one of the gurus, provide a summary of their work. Discuss its relevance to the quality of products and services today and the performance of the organisations that provide them.
Q5: Session Seventeen: individually Assessed Seminar Question
After conducting a review of the academic literature concerning Total Quality Management
answer the following question:
Why might some major organisations, who were world leaders in adopting TQM, now be moving their organisational focus and investment away from TQM and other formal quality frameworks?
Q6: Session Eighteen individually Assessed Seminar Question
After conducting a review of the academic literature concerning Performance Management and the Balanced Score Card:
Answer the following questions and discuss the issues.
• What is the balanced Scorecard?
• Why is it different to traditional performance management systems?