• As close to the word limit as possible.
Read through all choices carefully :-
• Explore one or more moral panics surrounding young people. You may also choose to explore a relevant moral panic and
its culture not covered in the lecture, provided it is supported by some critical reading
You must do critical reading to gain a deeper understanding of your topic
• There is a range of critical reading suggested for every topic, and available via the digitised reading list. Use it!
• Good essays will use the critical reading to back up the arguments that they make.
• If you do no critical reading and use only the lecture slides, it will be difficult to obtain grades in the 60s, 70s and beyond
Remember this is an essay. It is not a report of the type you might submit for a business assignment, for example. Do not use numbered headings (1.1, 1.2 etc), diagrams or tables.
• What is needed is:
– Introduction, where you set out in brief how you are going to respond to the question
– Presentation of your response to the question, backed up by evidence drawn from lectures and especially your critical reading
– Conclusion, where you sum up your case
• There is no single correct answer – there are many different possible perspectives to take on the questions set