Project Task Module 4: Visiting the Organization and Collecting Data
This week, as part of the final project, you need to visit the organization you have selected and interview the leader using the structured questionnaire you developed previously. You will also be interviewing 2-3 co-workers and subordinates associated with the leader for their points of view of the leader’s leadership style and philosophy.
Describe the ethical issue faced by the organization and explain how your chosen leader handled it. Do you agree with the individual’s strategies for resolving the issue?
Which leadership model did the individual use to devise strategies? Was it successful? Why or why not?
Comment on the success and failure of the model in resolving similar dilemmas citing relevant facts through independent research.
By Monday, January 29, 2016, submit the data you have collected from interviewing the leader and the associates to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Use the following file naming convention:
For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M4_A2.doc
Your paper should be in Microsoft Word 2000 or higher. Follow the current edition of the APA style guide. Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, double-spaced, and in 12pt font.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Hello Sir/ Madam, it has been a pleasure meeting you and I am sure that our conversation will enlighten me and the readers further regarding the leadership, ethics and ethical leadership.
1. What was the thought that motivated you to associate yourself with WAVES?
2. How the experience of working here has impacted you as a person?
3. What will you suggest to our young readers regarding the decision of choosing a career path?What factors, according to you, they must keep in mind as they make this decision?
4. What challenges did you face initially? How did you prepare yourself to meet these challenges?
5. What is the definition of success according to you? In your opinion, is it appropriate to keep a track of one’s success and failure, why or why not?
6. Is there any key to success in general, if yes, what is it?
7. Do you believe that one can attain professional as well as personal success at the same time or is there any conflict?
8. Have you, in your past, ever faced an ethical dilemma where you had to choose one and sacrifice the other among professional success and personal success?
9. If yes, will you share that incident with our readers?
10. How important you think is the role of leader for the organization?
11. How would you identify your personalleadership style? Select one of the given Leadership Style options to represent the option you would prefer most and state why?
Are you a:
a) Social Leaders yearning for a sociable climate
b) Task leaders who has high concern for task
c) Balanced leader who values both high concern for task and workers.
12. What is your philosophy of leadership?
13. What does your self-analysis reveal about your potential to affect organizational change as a leader? Describe the steps you took to get in your current leadership position?
14. What has been your biggest challenge as a leader? What has been your greatest achievement as a leader?
15. How important do you think it is for a leader of the organization to be ethical?
16. What qualities would you associate with an ethical leader?
17. Which ethical model or framework you prefer most and why?
18. How would you rate your professional journey so far on a scale of 1 to 10?
19. Have you evolved in terms of ethical development in your career, if yes, what rating on a scale of 1 to 10 would to it?
Thank you sir/madam and have a great day ahead!