Reread lines 62-91 of Beowulf and lines 37-106 of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Compare and contrast life in the two mead halls, Heorot and Camelot.
A. In preparation for your essay, use this graphic organizer to develop your ideas.
Appearance of halls
Who was present?
Who was absent
B. Write your essay here. Be sure to have at least two specific quotes (with page and line references) in your essay.
2. Compare and contrast the characterization of Beowulf and Sir Gawain in the excerpts. Be sure to explain how we learn about each character and what we learn about each character.
3. Compare and contrast the characterizations of the Wanderer and Sir Gawain (the characters. Not the poems).
Questions based on the book Sense & Sensibility – Jane Austen
1. Describe the major conflict of the novel you have chosen to read.
2.A. When and where does the novel take place? (If no specific dates or places names are ides in the novel, what are two details which tell the reader approximately when and where the novel take place?
B. How does the setting effect the story? Give two examples.
3. Authors use literary devices such as foreshadowing, symbolism, similes, metaphors, personifications, and allusions to enhance their stories. Choose two literary devices used in the novel you read. Give an example of each and explain how it contributes to the novel’s setting or the plot.
4. Of all the ways and author has of telling us about a character, how do we learn about the characters in the novel you read? Choose one character and give two different examples of characterization. You may either describe two examples of what the author does or give two brief quotes from the novel (with citations).
5. what is the point of view of the narrator in the novel you chose? How do you know?
6. Different readers may place the climax of a novel at different points. Where do you think the climax is in the novel you read? Defend your position by using evidence from the novel.
7. Some novels may have a number of different possible themes. What do you think is the main theme or message of the novel you chose? Describe two plot actions that support your theory of the main theme.
Essay question: (Check list for the essay)
– At least five paragraphs with a total of a least 500 words.
– Two to three body paragraphs with bulk of comparisons.
– At least six in-text citations.
– At least two outside sources to help support ideas.
– Works cited pages
– If you submit a typed essay, please double space and use a 12-point font.
– Proofread your work for organization, format, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
8. Compare and contrast the characterization of Elinor Dashwood and Marianne Dashwood. How to they deal with life after their father’s death? How do they represent sense and sensibility in their actions and reactions to love and society.