The Research Paper, eight to ten double –spaced pages in length (exclusive of title and references pages), should demonstrate understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, your own research, as well as the implications of new knowledge.
The student must analyze the ethical implications and homeland security implications on the following topics:
• Racial profiling in the war on terrorism.
At minimum, the paper should accomplish the following:
• Give a concise introduction to the topic and state the thesis of the paper.
• Give a thorough analysis of the ethical implications on the chosen topic.
• Give a thorough analysis of the homeland security implications on the chosen topic.
• Give a final analysis of the topic, drawing on the stated ethical and homeland security implications, justifying/not justifying its use through the Just
• War Theory (this should be as objective as possible—it is not an opinion piece).
• Give a final conclusion drawing together all research and analysis.
• Use at least 3 assigned sources and 5 additional sources found through outside research.
• Demonstrate the ability to think and analyze critically while writing a college-level research paper using APA Style format.
The student must inform the instructor of their paper topic by Day 7 of Week One. The paper is due Week 5.
The Final Paper:
• Must be eight- to ten- double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
• Must include a cover page that includes:
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Title of paper
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
• Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
• Must use at least five professional resources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
• Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
• Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.