Reaction statements should be at least 1000 words in length (single spaced, 10-12 pt. Times New Roman font) and should be in
response to the assigned readings and video(I have attached the Assigned reading “Martusewicz, Edmundson, &Lupinacci – Rethinking
Diversity and Democracy for Sustainable Communities” in the additional material)
And below is the assigned video:
Video name: Green
Video Link: http://sfastreaming.sfasu.edu/stream/education/fox/green.mp4
At the end of the essay there should be least two critical questions for discussion. When creating your Reaction statement,
approximately 500+ words should be a summary of the 2 assigned resources(the summary of assigned reading and the 5 videos together
should be 500 words)and the other 500+ words should be your thoughtful, scholarly reaction to the reading/video. Your reaction may
include but is not limited to areas of agreement/disagreement, affirmation (or you can offer a counter argument with outside
academic resource support), or other influences/connections. Your reaction statements should represent critical reflective thought.
Your Reaction statements should look like this;
You may want to consider one or two of the following guiding questions when preparing your reaction statement:
• What biases does the author have? Are these biases stated or implied?
• From what theoretical perspective does the author work?
• What biases did you bring to the reading?
• How was your learning enhanced or hindered when you read from your own perspective formed by your collective life
experiences and theoretical understandings?
• How did this reading and analysis challenge, extend, and/or align with your notions of how the world works?
• Are there silent/missing ideas, concepts, or themes in this reading? How do you account for these gaps?
• What new questions have you raised as a result of your reading and analysis?
Please make sure the language usage is scholarly and thoughtful.