The digital industry is faced with new challenges every day through the constant evolution of technology and production techniques.
You will explore these evolving technologies and approaches to mobile devices (see PDF included) and:
• View the history of mobile phones and devices.
• Understand how it has been able to become so popular (e.g. sms, internet, apps, media players, music, games, books, cost of data, network speeds, new services, usage, wireless, compatibility, freedom etc.).
• Understand legacy / platform problems developers face today.
• Evaluation of where we are today and how this effects developer’s practice.
• Look to the future. What might happen or is happening and where it might take us in future.
100 % written essay and must cover all 3 Learning outcomes:-
1. Identify key influences that shape and define current industry practice.
2. Investigate emerging factors and how they may influence industry practice.
3. Analyse information to justify judgements within written work.
The essay is set at 2500 words. It should be analytical in nature and show a clear understanding of the topic as well as meeting the learning outcomes. A wide range of sources needs to be used.
The assignment must be Arial 12pt font and double line spaced.
Any quotes and facts used must be referenced at the bottom of the essay using the Harvard referencing system.
The essay will be checked for grammatical and spelling errors including plagiarism with plagiarism software.