This week, you will produce an introductory paragraph with your thesis statement and an annotated bibliography for the Final Research Paper.
Thesis Statement: Generating a thesis statement is perhaps the most important part of the research paper process. It is essential for you to craft a strong, defendable thesis statement upon which you will base further research. Include your thesis statement within an introductory paragraph.
Annotated Bibliography: The purpose of the annotated bibliography is to assist you in developing research analysis skills including critical thinking, writing, and literature research skills. The annotated bibliography should include the following information for each source:
• Name of the article, including the complete bibliographic citation, using APA format.
• Summary/abstract of the article – annotation (sometimes it is helpful to ask yourself the following questions in synthesizing the information):
o Who? (author)
o What was done? (e.g., an experimental study investigating the interaction of short term memory and attention)
o How? (was it done)
o What were the findings? (identify the major ones)
o Contributions? (new findings, applications, etc.)
Within your Paper, address the following:
1. Select a chosen culture within the developing or developed worlds listed below; or alternatively obtain your instructor’s permission to analyze a culture not listed.
2. Describe the culture’s political system.
3. Identify a problem within the selected nation’s culture.
4. Determine how the political system and the culture affect solutions as well as and the development of policies regarding the identified problem.
Potential nations to be examined:
• South Africa
To conduct accurate research for the annotated bibliography, consider the following:
• Research in peer-reviewed journals or other journals that are considered to have reliable information. Do not use sources from the secular press (e.g., Time, Newsweek, or Wikipedia). Review the guidelines for acceptable sources by reading the “Academic Research” section within the Student Responsibilities and Policies tab under Course Home on the left navigation toolbar in your online course.
• Identify at least five academic sources, at least three that can be found in the Ashford Online Library. If you do find something on the World Wide Web, it must be authored and be a reliable source.
• In these journals, the research and information is either reviewed by an editorial team (such as for the Academy of Management Review) or a group of peers (such as in many journals you find through the Ashford Online Library).
The paper must be four pages in length and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources (at least three of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library) other than the textbook to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page.
Is Non-Violence an effective way to create change
How Chavez helped farm workers to get their rights.
1,What city were Cesar Chavez and his followers from?
2,What sort of protest did Cesar Chavez believe in ?
What were a few things that farm workers wanted at this time ?
Wanted equality, better paying jobs, to be treat better .
where were most farm workers from ?
An American white with Mexican decent.
what other group of workers did Mexicans join ?
Philippines , Japanese , poor white
which senator support Chavez and his followers ?
Robert Kennedy .
What did Chavez do to end some of the Violence that had started among protestors?
He started a fast for non-violence protest. he lasted 25 days.
What was the first item protestors began to boycott?
Wine, products, primary
What was the item that protestors boycott that finally made the growers agree to negotiate ?
By felling others not to buy the grapes.
Where was Robert Kennedy assassinated ?