Imagine you are a community health nurse assigned to care for a family with a newly diagnosed type-2 diabetic member. The diabetic family member, JK, is a 66-year-old African American woman with hypertension and asthma. JK lives in a food desert and does not drive. JK’s family visits her weekly, but they have complicated lives and are unable to provide daily care for her.
Evaluate the following community health resources:
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Nutrition Association
Create a plan detailing opportunities for JK to gain adequate access to appropriate foods for one week. Your plan must address:
- Appropriate and realistic estimated budget
- Shopping locations
- Transportation means, routes, and timing
- Support services
Compare JK’s community to your county census data.
Format your assignment as an 875-word paper