Case study: Wal-Mart
Late in 2005, Wal-Mart announced a series of sweeping new strategic initiatives. Each student is to write a case analysis of Wal-Mart’s current strategy and challenges, due in week 5. The paper should be 10 pages long and should include the key items listed in the attachment to this assignment. Include at least three (3) sources in addition to the references provided.
– What threats and challenges is Wal-Mart currently facing?
– What priorities did Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott set in his ?Wal-Mart: Twenty-First Century Leadership? address (24 Oct 2005)?
– Wal-Mart?s Board discussed proposals to meet (some of) these challenges at a board retreat in 2005. Discuss these initiatives as outlined in the ?Supplemental Benefits Documentation: Board of Directors Retreat FY06" See also Wal-Mart health cost strategy NYT 26Oct2005. Was additional damage done to Wal-Mart by the leaking to the public of the Board Benefits Strategy document?
– Comment on two recent Wal-Mart initiatives from the standpoints of: a) Strategy and b) PR.
– Discuss Wal-Mart?s strategic social challenges from the standpoint of Bonini, Sheila M. J.; Mendonca, Lenny T.; Oppenheim, Jeremy M. When social issues become strategic. McKinsey Quarterly. 2006 no. 2.
Wal-Mart as Leviathan New York Review of Books. 16 Dec 2004
Lee Scott on why Wal-Mart is playing nicer. Business Week. 03 Oct 2005. 94/5.
Wal-Mart Experimental Stores: Environments of scale. By: Payton, Paula. European Retail Digest, Winter2005 Issue 48, p7-12, 6p.
Wal-Mart and Carrefour as Home-Region Multinationals. By: Rugman, Alan M.; Dossett, Aaron. European Retail Digest, Winter2005 Issue 48, p61-65.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂