Main Task: Analyze Balanced Literacy
Balanced Literacy is an important concept in the teaching of language arts. In an essay, address the following:
1. Analyze Balanced Literacy as a means, mode, or application based on your observations and teaching practice.
2. Evaluate the importance of using of Balanced Literacy in daily classroom instruction.
3. Discuss methods to implement Balance Literacy in the classroom.
4. Drawing from the textbooks and current literature to expand your understanding of the research related to balanced literacy in elementary classrooms, support your essay with at least 2 scholarly references.
Length: 5-7 pages; including at least two scholarly references
Your essay should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Submit your document in the Course Work area below the Activity screen.
Learning Outcomes: 3, 5
• Discuss how course concepts can be applied in classroom instruction.
• Investigate research related to literacy development
Bloom, P. (2002) How children learn the meaning of words. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press. ISBN: 9780262523295
Christie, J. F., Enz, B. J., & Vukelich, C. (2010). Teaching language and literacy: Preschool through the Elementary Grades (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Allyn and Bacon. ISBN: 9780137073917
Otto, B. (2010). Language development in early childhood (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill. ISBN: 9780135019771.
Otto, B. (2008). Literacy development in early childhood: Reflective teaching from birth to age eight. Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon. ISBN: 9780135011522.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂