Learning & Coaching Project Report
Learning & Coaching Project Report.The report should be approximately 7 double-spaced pages (although this is a guideline only), 12-point font, and follow the APA Style Guide, and be written with proper English grammar and spelling. The report should address the elements below:
Part A – Learning & Coaching Project: You will complete a final learning report, which will summarize the actions you took on your learning project and include the following:
1. Your Development Goal: Please review your development goal and discuss any changes you made to your goal as well as the outcomes you achieved.
2. Key Actions and Outcomes: Review the actions you took to research and gather data that informed your thinking and analysis about your learning project as well as the specific actions you took to accomplish your development goal .
3. Integrate information from our readings, the course materials and class discussion into your reflection.
4. Appropriate Involvement: Please review any people whom you may have recruited to help you accomplish your project – people in your company, peers from class, or other stakeholders.
Part B ? Learning Partner Coaching: Coaching and feedback is a leadership metaskill. Skilled coaching ensures that a person will learn and develop capabilities that will contribute to both individual and organizational success. Ongoing feedback is essential to identify the progress you are making in your development. In our class you had the opportunity to obtain coaching and feedback as you completed your learning project and to build your own skill as a coach by coaching your learning partner. The coaching assignments will summarize your work and will include: Coaching Assessment ? Submit a summary of your specific coaching strengths and development opportunities. This summary is based on your experiences during the three coaching sessions you conducted with your learning partner(s) and the feedback you received. Coaching Worksheets ? Include a summary of the progress you made as a coach during the coaching sessions. You are not required to submit your coaching worksheets, but may include as an attachment. Please note that if you do have attachments, these will not count towards the 7 page guideline requirement for the paper.
Part C – Reflective Summary (3 pages) – The reflective summary is the key area of this report and is an opportunity to review what you have learned. You should discuss:
1. What you discovered about yourself as a leader and coach, what skills you developed, and skills you need to continue to develop.
2. What feedback you received from your learning partner, and how you incorporated feedback into your development plan and coaching actions. You should clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to learn and change your ideas and behavior in light of experiences and feedback from others.
3. How you will use what you have learned from this development project going forward in your career to develop yourself and others.