Costs of Accreditation
The accreditation of health care organizations is a significant task that has made accrediting agencies a major industry. The costs of securing accreditation can be significant, but the costs of not having accreditation can be even greater. In this assignment, you will discuss the costs of a health care organization being (or not being) accredited.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that discusses the costs of a health care organization being (or not being) accredited. Include the following in your discussion:
1. A summary of the purposes of accreditation and accreditation standards.
2. A discussion of the financial, time, and associated costs of earning and maintaining accreditation.
3. A discussion of the costs of either not securing or losing accreditation.
4. A research-supported evaluation of whether accreditation is worth the costs.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.