Nurses face multiple ethical issues within the practice setting as well as when conducting research. Nurses must be aware of the three value systems of society, nursing, and science, which come into play when reviewing research. Having an understanding of the major ethical principles when reviewing research studies is important to assure the rights of human subjects, the ethics of caring, and values of scientific inquiry are upheld.
For this assignment, you will view Ms. Evers Boys (DVD or access on YouTube for free). After viewing the movie, you will develop scholarly paper.
For this assignment, you will develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. Discuss the type of research utilized in the study and provide rationale for the response.
2. Discuss any indications that the study went before an Institutional Review Board (IRB) and provide rationale based on your understanding of the IRB.
3. Discuss any indication that the participants were provided with an informed consent and provide rationale based on your understanding of informed consent.
4. Discuss three (3) ethical principles applicable to this study and provide rationale based on your understanding of ethical principles.
5. The scholarly paper should be not more than three (3) pages excluding the title and reference pages.
6. Include level 1 and level 2 headings, an introductory paragraph, purpose statement and a conclusion.
7. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’).
8. Include a minimum of three (3) references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals to support your paper. References should be from scholarly peer-reviewed journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
9. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
Movie can be found at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAaBjoFEbs0