The aim of this assignment is to test your knowledge and understanding of key accounting and corporate finance concepts, theories and tools that can be used to critically analyse organisations.
Required: Section A
Introduce the company, about the product or services, location, turnover, number of employees, etc.
You must act as an adviser to an investor and make sure your conclusion is ended up advising the investor.
The report should be maximum 2,500 words which covers the following issues for the last five years:
Section A- 1500 words.
1. Identify the Profits, earnings- discuss, the 5 years trend, economic condition, calculate the ratios and interpret the results for 5 years on the financial performance
2. Identify dividends (including a comprehensive ratio analysis). calculate the ratios and interpret the results for 5 years on the financial performance
3. Financial stability and liquidity (including a comprehensive ratio analysis) calculate the ratios and interpret the results for 5 years on the financial performance
1. Research the webpage for any information about the company’s performance or any news that has an impact on their performance.
2. Then critically have reflection on the company portrayed by journalists and other financial reports, please make sure you reference where you got the information from.
3. An evaluation of the corporate governance of the company. Identify the number Directors what are their role, Non -Executive Directors, what are their role in the company , address the combine code
4. Identify the asset value per share and the current market share price and assess whether or not your selected company represents an investment opportunity.
You can use www.northcote.co.uk, pro-share and the FT to identify companies within their sectoral classifications.
It is essential that all sources of information are correctly referenced using the Harvard system.
Maximum words: 2,500words