In this prompt include your reflection of the strategies that you read about. Which strategies will be the most helpful to include in your unit? Which strategies are new to you? What is something that you found in the reading that you would encourage others to make note of? How specifically do you see these strategies supporting your ELLs in the classroom?
Strategies to encourage active involvement:
1. Learning centers: extending learning through hands-on practice
2. Multiple intelligences strategies: teaching and testing to student-preferred learning modes
Strategies for language development:
3. Leveled questions: adjusting questioning strategies to the language levels of students
4. Collecting and processing words: making vocabulary your own
5. Language framework planning: supporting academic language and content acquisition