a live-concert event
– Vocal and/or instrumental music.
– Style/genre – be specific. For example date and period in which the music was composed.
– Names of ALL instruments used in the performance.
– What instrument(s) played the melodies?
– What instrument(s) played the harmony (chords)?
– What instrument(s) played the rhythm?
– Was the music in a major key, minor key, or both?
– Meter of the music. Was the meter in duple or compound (triple). Most likely, there will be several pieces of music performed, consisting of different meters i.e. 3/4 time, 4/4 (common time).
– Name of group, orchestra, artist, etc.
– Name of performance location (venue) – i.e. Crowder Hall, School of Music, University of Arizona.
– Date you attended the concert/event.
– Names of the pieces of music (titles) in the performance. Helpful hint: usually, concerts, particularly in Crowder Hall, will have detailed programs which are given to patrons upon entering the concert hall.
– Finally, your impression(s) of the performance – do you feel it was a quality, professional performance? Also, your impression of the music itself – How did it impact you?